Taking a new product to market
- Are you developing a new product?
- Unsure of how to get it out into the market?
- Want to find out about the support available to you as an innovator?
This event will provide you with key information on all aspects of taking a new product to market as well as a great opportunity to network with other entrepreneurs.
From the research and development stage right through to finding a suitable manufacturer and protecting your ideas, this event will give you all of the knowledge that you need to get your product out there.
With guest speakers from organisations such as Enterprise Europe Network, Scott & York, Design Council and MAS East, topics will include:
- Research and development
- Product design
- Information on the support available for innovation
- Product concept testing
- Finding manufacturers
- Patents and protecting your ideas
- 09:30 - Registration and coffee
- 10:00 - Introduction
- 10:15 - Overview of support available for business innovation (John Christopher, Enterprise Europe Network)
- 11:15 - Protecting your idea - patents (Andrew MacKenzie, Scott & York)
- Protecting your idea and brand from copying and counterfeits
- Checking freedom to operate and competitor awareness
- Steps to take before launching your new product
- Steps to take after launching your new product
- 11:45 - Case study from a local business (Justin Feller, We Love Jelly)
- Bringing a food product to market
- Basic legal things to consider
- Potential setbacks
- 12:15 - Lunch and networking
- 13:15 - Design Leadership (Ian Ferris, Design Council)
- An overview: the importance of design
- Engaging with the design community
- Design Leadership programme
- 14:15 - Product concept testing and working with Hertfordshire University (Chris Brown and Guy Thomas)
- 15:15 - Finding manufacturers (Aled Williams, MAS East)
- 16:00 - Close
Places are limited and are on a first-come, first-served basis. Early booking is advised!
Please note that this event is only available to those based in Hertfordshire or Bedfordshire.
To book your place please email email@example.com or call 01438 791002.