A new grant scheme has launched to help small and medium sized businesses in Hertfordshire reduce their energy costs and greenhouse gas emissions.
Low Carbon Workspaces offers grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 to cover a third of the cost of installing energy saving measures, such as:
• LED lighting and lighting control systems
• Roof, cavity and solid wall insulation
• Energy efficient boilers
• Pipework insulation
• Heating and cooling system controls (e.g. weather compensation, optimum stop start)
• Air-to-air source heat pumps
• Equipment and machinery upgrades
• Double glazing
The programme is funded by the European Regional Development Fund and delivered by Ngage Solutions, a not-for-profit company.
Advice and site visits
If a business would like help to identify energy saving opportunities at their premises, an Energy Adviser can discuss potential projects by phone or email or visit their site – free of charge.
For full details, including which sectors are eligible for funding, businesses should contact the Low Carbon Workspaces team.
Telephone: 01494 569060